Your privacy and the protection of personal data is of great importance to Giant. During the processing of your personal data, we conform to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for consent to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Giant is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain what kind of personal data we collect and for which purposes we collect the data through our website. We would like to recommend that you read it carefully.
If you have any questions, or you simply want to know what data we may have collected which belongs to you, please contact Giant via the contact details stated at the end of this privacy statement.
We use the following personal data:
- date of birth/age;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- details of your product orders;
- payment details;
- ID-document number;
- (E-)bicycle details (and settings);
- ride history and overview;
- location data;
- login details for one or more Giant apps;
- information on your use of our website and apps;
- Information (such as questions, requests, complaints, opinions, ideas) which you send to us via e-mail, contact forms or social media;
- When you apply for a job at our company: your cover letter and CV.
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- handling orders and payments;
- contacting you if you request so;
- conducting customer satisfaction surveys;
- improving our products and services;
- to provide you with Giant apps relating to our products;
- contacting you in case of a product recall or safety announcement regarding a product;
- sending our newsletter;
- handling questions, requests and complaints;
- registering your bicycle and the guarantee that comes with this;
- registering a helmet crash and providing you with a new helmet if you have a right to this;
- handling job applications.
Handling your order
We will use your personal data when handling your order. We may share your data with the delivery service if necessary to deliver your order. We may also obtain information on your payment from your bank or credit card company.
For this purpose, we use your name and address details, phone number, invoice address, email address and payment details. In case your order has been financed through one of our financing plans we may also use your driver’s license number or passport number (whichever you use for ID) for further identification.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
Pay later 30
Pay in 3 interest-free instalments
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
We need this data because of our purchase agreement with you. We store this information until your order has been completed. Certain types of personal data will be retained for a longer period in order to fulfil our tax obligations (the legal retention period).
If you register your bike, we will store the registration until the guarantee period expires.
You can use our contact form to ask questions or make any request. For this purpose, we use your name and address details and email address. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response.
We provide a newsletter to inform those interested of our products and services. Each newsletter contains a link which you can use to unsubscribe to our newsletter. Your e-mail address is added to the list of subscribers only with your consent. We store this information until you cancel your subscription.
When you use one of our Giant applications (hereinafter: apps), such as our Giant RideControl App, you gain access to various interesting functionalities that enable you to get the most out of your Giant (E-)bike. For instance our Giant RideControl app lets you customize the settings of your Giant E-bike and makes it possible to set your own fitness goals.
While we collect personal data through our apps, we always ensure this processing is in line with data protection legislation and that the processing is done in a sensible manner.
Personal data that is being processed through the use of one/or more of our apps will be retained for no longer than 1 year. We only process your personal data when we have gained your (explicit) consent or in case we need to process the personal for the performance of an agreement/contract that we have with you.
Other retention periods
If you send us a message via e-mail or social media, we retain your data for as long as necessary to fully deal with your question or request. When you apply for a job at our company, we will only retain your data until six weeks after the application procedure, or one year longer with your consent (in order to be able to contact you in case we have a vacancy in the near future that might interest you).
The results of customer satisfaction surveys are anonymized as soon as possible.
Providing personal data to third parties
We can provide personal data to third parties when this is necessary to process your order, or when this is necessary for providing our services:
- Payment service providers;
- Delivery services;
- Other companies within the Giant group (these might be located outside the European Economic Area. If so, we make appropriate arrangements with these parties to protect your personal data);
- ICT service providers.
Except for the parties mentioned above, we do not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organisations, unless we are required to do so by law (for example, when the police demands access to personal data in case of a suspected crime).
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- we use secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer of SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data;
- we keep logs of all requests for personal data;
- access to personal data is restricted to those persons who need the personal data for fulfilling their tasks.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We would like to recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You may always contact us if you have any questions regarding this statement or if you wish to review, modify and/or delete your personal data.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- being informed on which personal data we have and what we are using it for;
- inspection of the personal data that we keep from you;
- having (incorrect) data corrected;
- request to delete (outdated) personal data;
- revoke your consent (this does not affect the legality of the processing before you revoked your consent).
You also have the right to object to a certain use of personal data.
Please note that you always make clear who you are, so that we can assure that we do not modify or remove the data relating to the wrong person.
If the assistance we are offering is not to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO – you can find more details on how to make a complaint here.
Giant UK LTD
Charnwood Edge, Syston Road
T: 0808 175 1356
E: Cadex: RiderSupport@Cadex-Cycling.com